Terms and conditions
POLL THE PEOPLE CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Poll The People Contest starts on 28th August 2011. The Contest is sponsored by Poll The People Ltd (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is and shall remain solely responsible for the delivery of the Prize(s) to the winner(s).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to all registered members of the Poll The People community (“Entrants”). All Entrants must be 16 years of age or older, at the time of entry into the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of the Sponsor are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
- PRIZES: There will be one random draw (the “Draw”) in the Contest consisting of ten prizes of a 6 month Spotify Premium subscription.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. All Entrants who are members of the Poll The People community are automatically entered into the Contest once they have shared their Top 5 list(s) on Facebook. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for sharing their Poll The People Top 5s on Facebook.
- CONTEST DRAW(S): The draw will be held in London, England beginning at 9am GMT on the Draw Date of 1st May 2011 from all eligible entries received. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received by Poll The People Ltd by midnight on 30th April 2011. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE AWARDING: Winner will be notified by email within 15 days of the drawing. Prizes will be awarded only on verification by Poll The People Ltd that all contest requirements have been met by the winners. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of the Sponsor which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants listed on the www.pollthepeople.com website. Poll The People Ltd will notify the winner by email within 15 days of the Draw Date. The winner will have seven (7) calendar days from notification to accept the Prize by email, and will be instructed whom to contact at that time. Poll The People Ltd is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time Poll The People Ltd reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize. The selected Entrants will be required to consent to the contest rules and winner declaration conditions. If a selected Entrant(s) fails to consent to the Declaration and Release within five (5) days the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize. By digitally consenting to the Declaration and Release conditions, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, Poll The People Ltd, its affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s first name, last name initial, and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or their respective advertising agencies.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Poll The People Ltd, which are final.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of the Contest Rules and Regulations, send your request to: Poll The People Ltd, Spotify Contest Winners List, 69 Byron Street, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 5BB. Requests must be received no later than 30th April 2012 and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Poll The People Ltd are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest or the operation of the Poll The People website as determined by Poll The People Ltd, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Poll The People Ltd reserves the right to terminate the Entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Poll The People Ltd, which in the sole opinion of Poll The People Ltd, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, Poll The People Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Contest and to award Prize(s) to individuals selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in the Contest Rules and Regulations.
- TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
- APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- PRIZE DISCLAIMER: Poll The People Ltd shall not be responsible or liable to Entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of Entrants entering the Contest or use of a Prize won in connection with this Contest in accordance with the Contest Rules and Regulations. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Poll The People Ltd and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives , affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.